Biomolecular Interaction Centre
Molecular videos and animation
- Australian Synchrotron
- BLAST For sequence alignment
- BRENDA is a site dedicated to enzyme information, including nomenclature, purification and isolation methods, stability, structure, reactions and specificity, pI, Km values, organism and disease data, engineering applications.
- CLUSTALW A general purpose multiple sequence alignment program for DNA or proteins
- COS Funding Opportunities database
- ExPASy (Expert Protein Analysis System)
The ExPASy (Expert Protein Analysis System) proteomics server of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) is dedicated to the analysis of protein sequences and structures as well as 2-D PAGE. Includes tools such as Swiss Model (a fully automated protein structure homology-modeling server) and ProtParam (amino-acid and atomic compositions, isoelectric point, extinction coefficient, etc.)
- Kegg/pathway Wiring diagrams. Kegg/pathway Wiring diagrams of molecular interactions, reactions, and relations.
- PDB The PDB archive contains information about experimentally-determined structures of proteins, nucleic acids, and complex assemblies.
The RCSB PDB also provides a variety of tools and resources. Users can perform simple and advanced searches based on annotations relating to sequence, structure and function. These molecules are visualized, downloaded, and analyzed by users who range from students to specialized scientists.
- PDB to MultiGIF Takes the 3D structure and generates an animated image which can be displayed using any browser.
- PISA (protein interfaces, surfaces & assemblies).
PDBePISA is an interactive tool for the exploration of macromolecular (protein, DNA/RNA and ligand) interfaces, prediction of probable quaternary structures (assemblies), database searches of structurally similar interfaces and assemblies, as well as searches on various assembly and PDB entry parameters.
download free PyMOL molecular visualisation software:
A collection of tools for Computing, Evaluating and Manipulating Multiple Alignments of DNA, RNA, Protein Sequences and Structures.
- Biocompare is a website that collects products from various suppliers together so buyers can compare prices and products e.g. antibodies
- ChemFinder is a website that allows users to search for chemical entities by name or structure, with links to properties and suppliers
Worthington’s is a comprehensive enzyme supplier with extensive manuals and documentation on the enzymes they supply.